We Are Principals and Do Not Receive Commissions
We are presently buying in the following cities and their suburbs:
- Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery
- Phoenix, Tucson, Scottsdale
- Fayetteville, Little Rock
- Beach cities in southern CA. (Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, Venice, etc.)
- Bowling Green, Lexington, Louisville, Radcliffe
- Baton Rouge , Lake Charles, New Orleans, Shreveport
- Biloxi, Gulfport, Jackson
- New Mexico:
- North Carolina:
- Charlotte, Durham, Raleigh, Winston-Salem
- Any city, large or small, will be considered
Other cities will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Deal Size:
- $2-15 million. Larger or smaller deals are considered on a case by case basis.
- Property Age:
- # Units:
- We are flexible. The dollar amount is more important than the number of units. Ideally, the deal would be 90+ units. We prefer a package (2 or more) of properties owned by the same Seller. We will also look at packages of duplexes or 4-plexes. We will consider smaller deals in markets where we already own properties.
- Property Type:
- "A", "B" or "C" properties
- We need to pay off the existing debt unless it is a special situation or particularly good deal, in which case we will consider assuming the loan.
- Individual or master is OK
- We do not participate in the brokerage fee.
- We are generally not interested in major rehab deals, but will consider them on a case by case basis. Minor rehab or repositioning is OK.
- Strong preference is given to package deals (2 or more properties) owned by the same Seller.
- Section 8 deals will be considered.
- We often will buy deals nobody else will consider.
If you are a broker, please do not let the fee get in the way of your showing (or not showing) a deal to us, especially a good deal! We are happy to pay a fee to you if you are (a) unable to work it out with the owner or cooperating broker or (b) if the fee being offered is too small. Having been an apartment broker myself for many years, I understand your motivation and hard work and am happy to pay a fee to you for a deal when the situation dictates.
Sometimes the best way to find out whether or not a particular deal would be of interest is to email or fax a summary. Please feel free to call, fax or send an email to Bryan Kastleman to discuss any of this.
Click here for a printer friendly version (PDF) of this page.